What Are Accessorial Fees?
Q: What are accessorial fees?
A: An accessorial charge is any fee added to a shipper’s freight invoice for services the motor freight carrier performed beyond the standard pick-up and delivery operation designated at the time a shipment is tendered. The additional charges cover a wide variety of services outside of the line haul charge and fuel surcharge that are in connection with the transportation of goods. Amongst the most common are:
• Advanced Notification
• Bill of Lading (BOL) Correction Fee
• Driver Assist, Count, and Clean
• Hazardous Materials
• Inside Delivery
• Limited Access Fee or Misuse Charges
• Out of Route Miles
• Oversized, Overlength, or Overweight Fees
• Reclassification, Reweigh, and Redelivery
• Stop Off Charge
• Yard Pulls